Friday, January 19, 2007

Weekly Update 1

I can not wait for the official world wide launch of Windows Vista. As it is right now there are so many companies that have not gotten their act together and come out with either drivers or patches to make things work on Vista, and it is really starting to get on my nerves. On said company would have to be Electronic Arts. They have done a really bad job making sure that things run stable on Vista, Carbon being my biggest disappointment, but hopefully things will be changing really soon as the launch time gets closer and closer.


I have been spending more and more time watching things on YouTube to pass the time away when I bumped into a Video Cast/Pod Cast that goes by the name NoobToob. I have to say it is really well done, they come across as gamers verses some of these pod casts that are really... whats the word for it... I dunno, conservative. They speak to the gamers from a gamers point of view. I don't know it could just be me, but I like it. Check them out at http://www.noobtoob.com.


Some of the people that game with me might have noticed that I have not been on CSS that much as of late. That is because I have really started working on getting my season done on NHL 07. Some of my friend know me and they know that when it comes to hockey games, as soon as it is on I can go hours upon hours without taking a break (What can I say I am Canadian, even though I am playing as an American team.)


To bring you up to speed on Oblivion (Ya I know its kind of old news now, old game, and a lot of people are further then me) I still have yet to redo the pilgrimage so that I can wear the cool armor that I got from the Knights of the Nine. I really have not been doing much other then attempting to finish the Mage guild quests. I unfortunately got kicked out for accidentally punching some Mage member's rat. Really retarded I know, but I was taking a drink and my finger slipped on my controller.


Another thing that I have been doing as of late, is playing some of the older games that I used to play now that I have found a cool application called DosBox. What it does is allows you to play old Dos games on the newer operating systems. I got good old Keen 4, and one of my personal favorite old school arcade style fighters One Must Fall: 2097. I am also in the process of getting one of my other old time favorite games that I still haven't beet because when I was younger I scratched the disk (This was before I knew about proper care of games); Full Throttle by Lucas Arts. I will let you know how things go with that.


If you want more information on DosBox check it out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DosBox

1 comment:

Tobin said...

I'm really glad you're enjoying the podcast, and thanks for swinging by the forums. We'll keep sticking it to the man as long as you keep listening.