Monday, January 29, 2007

IcIrIs's Recommended Programs

Music

MediaMonkey - This program is the best audio program that I have come across thus far. I prefer it over Music Match and I Tunes. You are also able to upload to I Pods with it.

Movies/Videos

VLC - This has got to be one of the greatest video programs out there and it is totaly free to use.

Office Work

OpenOffice 2.1 - Works great, and it is free.

Web Browser

FireFox 2.0.0.1 - Greatest browser I have ever used!

Image Manager

Picasa 2 - This is another great freebie from Google. You can do simple edits and manage your photos with ease. It also comes with free hosting if you have a Google account.

Torrents

Utorrent - Simple, small, fast, and easy to use. Is there much else to say about it.

P2P

Limewire - I stay away from these P2P as much as I can but if I really am looking for a rare song that wont be on Torrent then this is the next best thing.

DVD Ripper

DVD Shrink - This program works great and uses the drivers installed for other discs. I use it in conjunction with Nero Burning Rom 7

Burner Program

Nero Burning Rom 6 - There are newer version out however I have found no bugs that I needed to upgrade, it is the most stable that I have used thus far and it is Vista Compatible.

Text File Viewer

EditPad Lite - The free version of a very easy to use tool.

File Compression

Winrar - The most versatile file compression program available, it will open almost any file.


Dos Emulator

DosBox - When you want to play those old games it has to be one of the best dos emulators available.

No comments: