Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Why Two Copies of New Games?

What I am having a problem with is a game company coming out with the same game but then making an add-on calling it by a different name and charging you the extra fee. Neverwinter Nights 2 is coming out with the standard version of the game and the limited edition of the game. With the limited edition of the game you are going to get some extras such as a cloth map, and the art book. Then on top of paying 60 dollars for that you can get an extra add-on that adds some features to the game for only an extra 10 dollars. Don’t get me wrong if they want to do this then I guess that there is nothing that me as the consumer can do other then complain.

The message that I get from them is that they want to charge us for something extra that should have come with the game. So if the going price for this game is going to be 70 American if you want to have it the way that they wanted you to play it then I am going to be stuck with paying approximately $100 Canadian for a game that I do not even know if I will like just because I think it will be nice to have some extra things that at even $60 they should have already thrown in.


Again don’t get me wrong I love Neverwinter Nights with the expansions however I do not think that off the launch I should be paying extra for a package that they have already come out with and could have easily added into the game so that it does not cost me extra.


Another great example of what I am talking about is with Need for Speed Most Wanted and Need for Speed Most Wanted Black Edition. I personally got the Black Edition for the fact that I thought that I could go cruising with a 68 Camaro however it didn’t mention that the only time I got to drive one of my most favorite muscle cars was when I was either getting chassed by the most annoying of the pursuit modes or if I was racing. However since both editions of the game came out at launch why didn’t they just come out with only one, I can see them coming out with the first one and then waiting till half-way between the launch of there new one and the old one coming out with an expansion pack to give the people that love the game something new to do with it then I can see myself paying the extra money for it.


Till the next time something comes up. I’m Logging Off.


CY4

No comments: